Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Can you help a buddy of mine out in the music business

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Can you help a buddy of mine out in the music business

    most of you know my taste in music runs deep in the rock of the 80's style. even if you don't like that style you can still help out my buddy and if you do like this style you will find a really nice new band playing 80's style rock in the style of Poison, Firehouse, Bon Jovi, Warrant, Crue......
    here is the email he has sent out

    "So I happened upon this site and saw where I could submit a song, and if it gets played enough Rockarma will be played on ClearChannel radio stations across the country! So if you have a moment and you feel like doing a hard working indie label band a solid, head on over and play some Rockarma!

    Click here to play some Rockarma!!! --> http://www.edgelittlerock.com/cc-com...ateway=exiting

    p.s. I'm heading out tomorrow for San Antonio to play the South Texas Rock Fest so if I don't respond to any messages, it's not because because I don't love you... or is it?

    Cheers,

    Pete "

    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member neutral88's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2007
    Posts
    2,568
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Can you help a buddy of mine out in the music business

    played it....and as a Poison fan, I'd say I'll be playin it several more times...

    thanks for the link
    Need A Penny? Take A Penny...Need 2 Pennies? Get A Job!!!
    [img]http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/College/Football/james-davis-GI.jpg[/img]





  3. #3
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Can you help a buddy of mine out in the music business

    the cd is really great. here is my review for the album:

    here it is , the good bad and ugly from the Rockarma album "Bring It!"

    1. BADJUNE - good song to kick off the album with. I like the flow and feel of the song. reminds me a bit of AdrianGale meets Danger Danger.

    2. BETWEEN YOU N ME - If I had to pick "the best" on the album this song would be it (as of right now). Great melody, great lyrics that just get stuck in your head. The vocals fit so perfect to this style it is scary. love the guitar work. This reminds me of what is so great about 80's AOR / Hardrock mix. I've listened to this so many times all I hear is Rockarma.

    3. ALL 4 YOU - this really reminds me of what was really good about the band Slaughter. This has a nice Slaughter style feel to it, not their fly to the angels type ballad but more of the "gave me your heart" style of mid-tempo grooving song. continues with the really good start to the album. again vocals and guitar fit great.

    4. GET ME OUTTA THIS HOLE - the first song I'm not crazy about on the album. about 2 minutes into the song it really takes off but then it is over. The song takes too long to hook me into it and is one of my least listen to songs so far. maybe it is a grower.

    5. I KNOW - back to the standard of the first 3 songs. Great melody, nice vocals, good guitar. Very Catchy like the early Danger Danger or Firehouse albums. There is a band on the tip of my tougue that sounds a lot like this song but I just can not place it right now and it is killing me.

    6. MISSING YOU - starts out like a Stryper styled song then into pure melodic joy. This reminds me of something that would have been huge on MTv back in the day. would have made it on Dial Mtv along side of Every Rose, Heaven, I Remember You, Love Bites, Up All Night, Love Of A Lifetime...... I just love this song.

    7. BRING IT - heavier, more driving straight up rock. Almost should have been the opening track on the cd. Reminds me a lot of AdrianGale styled rock. the only thing that distracts me is the vocals feel a bit out style with the song. what I mean is the rhythem feels like it needs a bit more of a grittier, bluesed up style of vocal to really make the track stand out.

    8. HERE AFTER - Pete might kill me but I love this song and it has such a Trixter feel to it at times. love the acoustic guitar throughout the song. Nice power ballad. my daughter is dancing to it as I type these words.

    9. FEELS LIKE I'M FALLIN - just a good as any other song on the disc. I was expecting it to start falling off by this time but am very well pleased with the quality of the songs at the end of the disc.

    10. LETS GO - Wow, this remines me of AC/DC, X-Sinner and Idle Cure rolled up into one song. this is the vocal sound that would have made the song Bring It stand out for me.

    11. THATS ALL - again, I was expecting a song that was a lot less by the end of the album but again am pleased with the quality of songs at the end of the album.

    12. SAME OL' SONG - wow, getting into a Tora Tora style feel here again the vocals get a bit more dirty for this song that screams blues rock metal. Guitar work again is great.

    my total point score for this album ? I'd have to give it a 93% out of 100. easy one of the top 5 rock albums I've bought this past year GREAT JOB to everyone who had a hand in this album from the players to the producers and the label and those who had the belief that people still crave this kind of music.


    --------------------

    Take my love. Take my land.
    Take me where I cannot stand.
    I don't care, I'm still free.
    You can't take the sky from me.

    Take me out to the black.
    Tell 'em I ain't comin' back.
    Burn the land And boil the sea.
    You can't take the sky from me.

    Have no place I can be since I found Serenity.
    But you can't take the sky from me.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member neutral88's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2007
    Posts
    2,568
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Can you help a buddy of mine out in the music business

    evidently it will only count it once from each computer...I've listened twice but the counter never went up
    Need A Penny? Take A Penny...Need 2 Pennies? Get A Job!!!
    [img]http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/College/Football/james-davis-GI.jpg[/img]





  5. #5
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Can you help a buddy of mine out in the music business

    I think the counter only updates every so often.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member neutral88's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2007
    Posts
    2,568
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Can you help a buddy of mine out in the music business

    oh ok
    Need A Penny? Take A Penny...Need 2 Pennies? Get A Job!!!
    [img]http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/College/Football/james-davis-GI.jpg[/img]





  7. #7
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Can you help a buddy of mine out in the music business

    bump
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •